Being relatively new to the blogosphere, or at least, newly returned, I figured I would trudge along at a snail’s pace for some time with only myself and maybe a few friends to read through the insanity that is my life. Imagine my utter and baffled surprise then, to be nominated for a Leibster Blog Award.
Before you get all excited, let me ‘splain. This award isn’t anything official; there aren’t any guys in suits who are going to come shake my hand and congratulate me; and nor is there a trophy or certificate or anything. What I do get is to share this awesome idea with you all, and then reciprocate in kind. Also, I did find this:
So, first and foremost, I was nominated by Pamela over at Crochet With Passion – thank you SO MUCH, Pamela. I am honored that you thought my blog was worthy of this nomination – and you should all go visit her and say hi because she’s got some amazing crafts and ideas, not to mention some great tutorials.
Secondly, the rules. Because it wouldn’t be an award without rules, right?
- Thank and link back to the blogger who presented you with the award.
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 random questions
- Create 11 random questions for your nominees
- Present/nominate a Liebster Blog Award to more newbie bloggers! (no tag backs)
Random Facts About Me
- I am named after four generations of women in my family – two generations for the first name, and two for the middle.
- Watching Disney movies is always choice number one; action, sci-fi, etc… are all a second choice if there are no new Disney movies, and no old Disney movies that I want to see again.
- I have a weakness for sunflower seeds and hot cheetos. I don’t know why, but they’re addicting.
- My favorite number is 4
- My favorite colors are bright, happy orange, and deep, dark green.
- I am terribly allergic to cats and dogs, but I have three cats anyway. Yes, I’m insane. Sssshhhhhhh.
- I want to go back to school to get my teaching degree, though I’m torn about whether I want to teach early childhood special education (which is what I currently do as a classroom assistant , or teach general music and choir to elementary school kids. Or even just focus on choir for high school. I DON’T KNOW!!!! *wailwailwail*
- I have texture issues. Mostly with food, but a few textile things, too.
- When not crocheting in my spare time, I am a gaming nerd. I play SimCity – the new one, released in 2013 – or Sims 3.
- When I was a kid, I had dreams of becoming a writer.
- I have a strange obsession with pens. I’m not fully satisfied with the way my desk looks unless my desk caddy is full of pens. Forget the pencils; it’s all about the pens.
Questions from Pamela
- Gold or Silver, which do your prefer? I prefer silver, though I don’t mind mixing the two, either. I wear both silver and gold rings and earrings together on a daily basis.
- What is your favorite candy? Actually, I’m not a big candy eater, though I do love Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. And recently I’ve developed a fondness for Sour Gummi Worms.
- Best book you have ever read? Oh geez, I can’t pick a single book. It’s impossible for me. ONE of the best is “What Dreams May Come,” but there are definitely others that rank up there, too.
- Three favorite online web sights you like to buy from? Yarn Paradise for yarn and thread, Lima Beads for beads and other jewelry needs, and Amazon or Crochet Me for crochet books and patterns.
- Something you have recently learned? No matter how awesome I think Def Leppard or Ozzie Osbourne is, 5th and 6th graders just don’t seem to agree with me, despite the arguments I give.
- A pet peeve? Well, the biggest one for me is stupid people. This covers many topics and areas, far too many to list or go into detail for, so let’s just leave it at that, shall we?
- What is your favorite season of the year? SUMMER! No school, swimming, and my birthday. Summer is FABULOUS.
- Number of hours that your slept last night? Um… not enough? It was about 8 hours, but the older my body gets, the more sleep it likes. So 8 hours doesn’t seem like enough anymore.
- Why did you start your blog? Because I have a lot of friends and family who live a fair distance away, and who are interested in the crochet projects I work on. I thought a blog would be a nice way to stay connected, share crochet projects and ideas, and update them on family happenings at the same time.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be? Ireland. Second choices are Rome, Italy, Greece, France, Germany…. basically anywhere outside the US.
- What is your favorite hobby? You mean aside from crochet? Probably reading or playing the piano.
Recipients of the Liebster Award as presented by Gray
- Dominique at My Other Loves
- Renee at A Lazy Beauty
- The Veiled Purl
- Crocheting In Canada
- Did You Make That?– I know she’s got more than 200 followers, but she’s got such AMAZING things on her blog and I’ve gotten so many ideas I want to try, I just had to share.
- EJM Crafts
- Crafty Gypsy at GypsySunshine
- Kathy at ELK Studio
- Emma at A Quiet Riot
- Little Orphan Skein
Questions for my Nominees
- If you crochet, what is your favorite pattern to date? If you don’t, what is your favorite crafty thing that you or someone else has made?
- What is your favorite meal to cook?
- Who is your favorite band/singer?
- Glass half empty or half full?
- What is the main purpose of your blog?
- When not blogging, what are some of your favorite websites to visit/hang out at?
- Incense, candles, or room spray? And what flavor?
- If you could pick one superpower for a single day, what would it be and why?
- If you could go back in time and talk to anyone from the history books, who would you choose and why?
- What is your favorite animal? Not pet, but animal.
- What is your favorite memory from your childhood?