I honestly don’t know how I managed to miss it, but on May 7th, I was nominated for another Leibster Blog Award. (And then I started to make my post WEEKS ago, got busy, and had to save it as a draft. Now I’m finally finishing it.) I can not believe my obliviousness sometimes. *takes a moment of silence to curse her own idiocy* Nat over at Storm in a B-Cup was kind and thoughtful enough to nominate me for this award, and I somehow managed to completely overlook it. (Didn’t I tell you I’d been busy? Now you can see HOW busy, that I would let something like this get past me without thanking the person who nominated me OR participating with my own nominees. SHEESH!)
The idea of the Leibster Award is to recognise cool blogs, and help us all link up with each other and form a community. Here’s the rules for accepting a Liebster Award:
1. List 11 random facts about yourself
2. Nominate 11 other bloggers, and link to their blogs
3. Notify the bloggers of their nomination
4. Ask 11 questions for your nominees to answer
5. Answer the questions asked by the person who nominated you, thank them for the nomination, and link back to their blog
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I’ll choose Australian and/or British television shows over American every time.
2. My family hasn’t had cable or network television in years. We watch Netflix, instead.
3. My family takes a trip to DisneyLand once every two years; we’ve been three times so far, and we learn/see something new every time we go.
4. I refuse to watch mainstream news, and prefer to stay informed through my husband. I figure, if there’s something I need to know about, he’ll tell me.
5. I am addicted to Diamond Candles, especially the Honeysuckle scented one.
6. I’m having a difficult time deciding on the placement of my third tattoo, despite having known what design I wanted for over a year.
7. I have 10 holes in my head; 6 on the left ear and 4 on the right. I want more.
8. I used to play EverQuest and World of Warcraft and other such MMO type games, but have realized that I am much more happy as a Simmer.
9. I am mildly good at doing lots of things, but not outstandingly good at anything. Except maybe breathing, and even then I’m sure I mess it up somehow.
10. I have worn glasses or contacts since I was in the fourth grade.
11. I’m really glad this is the last random fact about me, because I’m running out of things to say!
Questions for My Nominees
1. Do you play online games?
2. Favorite vacation you’ve already had?
3. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
4. What is your dream job?
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
6. Apples or Oranges?
7. Do you eat breakfast?
8. Are you a pack rat, or someone who throws everything away?
9. Favorite book/author?
10. Mac or PC?
11. Do you play any instruments? If so, which one(s), and did you take lessons?
11 Questions from Nat Answered
1. How long have you been blogging for?
Since I’ve only just rejoined the blogging world, about three months. Before that? Several years. I was blogging on Windows Spaces before there was such a thing as MySpace or Facebook.
2. What other hobbies do you have outside of blogging?
I crochet, play the piano, sing, read, torment my cats and kids….
3. If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?
Nothing about myself…. if I changed anything about me, I wouldn’t be ME anymore. You know? However, I would like to have a bit of money stored away for the kids when they get older.
4. What would be your “final meal” of choice?
Filet Mignon – medium and butterfly cut – with a cabernet reduction sauce, garlic potatoes, and fresh string beans or sugar snap peas.
5. What is your favourite movie?
I don’t have a favorite; I’m one of those people where I’ll watch a movie over and over and over again if I like it, then probably never pick it up again because I’ve moved on to a new ‘favorite.’
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Stupid people, lack of common courtesy or common sense, rudeness…. I’m sure you can see where this is heading.
7. When is your favourite time of year, and why?
Summer! Swimming, relaxing, heat and sunshine, and NO SCHOOL!
8. What is the worst gift you have ever received (or been given)?
Well, I wasn’t given this gift; it was drawn from a White Elephant gift exchange at a friend’s house one Christmas. It was a towel that was divided in half, one half was dark brown and the other half was white. On the white side of the towel was written ‘Face,’ and on the dark brown side of the towel was written ‘Butt.’ My husband thought it was the greatest gift ever; I was glad that we didn’t end up going home with it.
9. If you could say one thing to your 16 year old self, what would it be?
“Things are going to be hard, and you’re going to make some colossal mistakes. People are going to judge you, and for a little while, you’re going to hate yourself. But don’t lose sight of who you are, and always remember that the opinions of small minded people don’t matter.”
10. What is your earliest memory?
Being 5 or 6 years old and living in Virginia.
11. If you were writing your autobiography, what would it be called?
“My Life in Grayscale”
1. Bobbles & Baubles
2. Picot by Torhild
3. Cloud CouCou Crafts
4. A Nerdy Crocheter
7. Creating Cecilia
8. Jenna Makes Things
9. C’est la Vie
10. Blue Posy
11. Crafting Delight
Thanks again for the nomination Nat. You’re GRRRRRRRREAT! ^_^